1. Be a family as defined in PHA's Admission and Continued Occupancy policy;
2. Meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status;
3. Have an annual income at the time of admission;
4. All household members must provide proof of identity in the form of: Certified Birth Certificate, Social Security Card itself, and Driver's License or Non-Driver ID Card for all
Household members 18 years or older;
5. Meet or exceed the Applicant Selection Criteria;
6. Pay any money owed to PHA, previous landlords, or utility companies;
7. Not have had a lease terminated by a PHA or landlord in the past 12 months;
8. Be able and willing to comply with the PHA lease;
9. Not have any family members engaged in any criminal activity that threatens the life, health, safety, or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, and not
have any family members engaged in any drug-related criminal activity;
10. Not have any family members subject to a lifetime sex offender registration in any state.
The PHA verifies the information you place on these forms; therefore, it is very important each question is answered correctly. At the time of application the household members must
bring the following documents ( PHA will make copies): Each household member's certified
birth certificate and social security card. Driver's License or ID for all household members 18 years and older. Head of household and other adults (18 years and older) living in
the household must sign all applicationforms and certification forms applicable to your situation.
ALL APPLICATIONS REQUIRE
1. Provide Photo ID for all members of family over the age of eighteen.
2. Provide Birth Certificates for all family members.
3. Provide Social Security Cards for all family members.
4. Complete Alternate Contact informaton on application.
5. Provide Proof of Income.
A. Award letter from Social Security or Social Security Disability.
B. Sign Income Verification at office to turn in to your employer.
C. Provide CIN # for each child receiving Child Support.
6. Complete Landlord History information on application.
7. Provide Three References with Addresses and Phone numbers on
8. Sign all requsted areas on application for Signatures.
All items above are required to complete your application to the Mt. Pleasant Housing Authority for low-income housing.
Applications turned in that are not complete will not be accepted and returned to the applicant. This application must be updated every 6 months.